Homeowners know that it is important to maintain and add value to their home. One of the easiest ways to preserve the value of your home is to stay on top of necessary repairs and maintenance. The fastest and most cost-effective home improvement is painting.
There’s something special about a newly painted room. It just looks fresh and new. Plus, furniture “pops” when placed in front of freshly re-done walls. With paint, you can set a mood.
Regardless of your goal, painting is a home improvement that adds value to your home.
These suggestions will help you get started in choosing the right paint color:
- A well-chosen color of new paint will help bring your vision to life. Sure, painting takes elbow grease, but the rewards are worth the effort.
- When you compare the cost of a gallon or two of paint with the change the paint can bring to your home, painting is an inexpensive way to bring a dramatic effect.
- For added value to your home, you really can’t beat painting as a thrifty home improvement.
Before you begin painting, think about the overall feel you’re seeking for your home. Create a unified feeling by painting the walls in every room the same or complementary colors.
Ask yourself how you want to feel and how you want visitors to feel when they enter your home. From there, do your homework regarding paint colors and the moods they evoke.
For example, if you want a tranquil and calm feeling, lighter tones of greens, purples, and beiges are great choices to promote feelings of serenity and peacefulness. If you want to liven up your walls, red brings vim and vitality to a room.
- Paint is the great disguise for many dings, marks, and dry-wall
mistakes. Are your walls dull-looking, marked up or
otherwise marred in some way? If so, painting is a quick way to make the room
look like new.
- Paint can increase brightness in a room.
Of course, some natural lighting helps tremendously, but the finish of paint you
choose can bounce the light around to make the room appear lighter and brighter.
- People prefer to spend time in
rooms that seem full of sunlight. So, bringing light into your rooms by
painting will add value to your home.
- Remember the exterior surfaces of the property. Because it’s the first glimpse someone gets of your property, it’s
wise to make the exterior of your home look its best. Painting the outside of
your house brings color and makes your home look clean and fresh.
- You can’t beat the results of a
newly painted house. Painting the exterior of your home will add great value.
No matter where you live or how much you’ve invested in your home, putting on a new coat of paint, inside or out, will increase the value of your home. For the money, there’s no better home improvement. Go ahead and buy that gallon of paint or hire a professional. Once you finish your task, you’ll be thrilled with your picturesque room!